Our QA section is all about knowledge – we seek to gather and maintain knowledge, develop new ways for computers to understand the knowledge, and make the assimilated knowledge useful – mainly by building great user interfaces, often using voice. This is as much an academic as a startup endeavor. Even when we do basic research, we always have practical applications in our cross-hairs.
Unlike other sections, next we list concrete project ideas rather than general topics, but we are quite flexible and will love it if you present us your own goals and ideas. Some projects have a clear path to success, while “(X)” denotes more explorative (but exciting!) projects.
We want to turn computers into real partners in conversation – not just having impressive demos of our existing technology ailao.eu/yodaqa, but something that you’ll actually want to use every day.
- Let’s make a very polished version of ailao.eu/yodaqa
- Mobile / web app improvements – do you like eye-candy too?
- Tweaks related to the movies domain to always make it answer perfectly
- YodaQA+ – a simple 1-month project for improving live.ailao.eulive.ailao.eu
- Integrate YodaQA + Wolfram Alpha + other sources to answer a much wider scope of questions; a lot of this work is already done
- In-car assistant – your hands and eyes are busy, let’s talk!
- Let’s put traffic info, mapy.cz, Wikipedia, weather and news behind a single voice interface
- Czech language interface for YodaQA
- We have a question answering system that can rival IBM Watson (in some aspects), can we teach it Czech?
- Uh-oh-eeh dialog (X)
- When you want to ask the computer something, you probably don’t know the exact wording in your head. So you make a mistake or two and put a lot of pauses and fill words into your speech. We need to make the computer cope, by filtering all this in the speech recognition phase.